wordle

wordle

Monday, February 23, 2015

One Young Haitian Man

by Sandy Bristol

Last year I made my second trip to Haiti. Each day we set up our medical clinic in a different place. Thursday's clinic was supposed to be a return to a location in the mountains that we had been to previously. Instead we ended up in a small village, at an Episcopal church and school. Since we were at a school there were a lot of children of all ages present. During my lulls between patients I took pictures. One young man asked me to take his picture, I was happy to comply with his request. The beauty of digital cameras is that you can look at the picture just taken, so I showed him the picture. He wanted a copy but there was no way to do that. He said I could bring it next year. To which I replied that I didn't know if I would be back. His response was God would send me back. I am heading back to Haiti next week. I don't know if we will go back to that clinic but I printed a copy of that picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment